Tuesday 10 June 2014

Sonic the Hedgehog

This is where it all began, back in 1991.


As the first game in the series, it does a great job in introducing Sonic as a typical 90s cool guy, with his attitude, love of speed and snazzy red trainers.

The game is split into 6 zones, each containing 3 acts, as well as a final boss zone and special stages. That gives me 8 posts for this game, a nice start to the blogging lifestyle.

My memories of this game are numerous, this was the first videogame I ever played and so it holds a special significance for me.
Some of my earliest memories feature this game, I can clearly remember watching my mum playing the special stages, screaming at the TV. When I was a bit older I remember having a TV in my room and staying up late to play, doing anything to try and beat the game before I went to sleep. I would get caught time and time again, eventually losing my right to my own TV.

I could reminisce all day, but I have to get working.

And by working I mean playing Green Hill Zone.

See you tomorrow for my thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment